Customer First. Employee Direction. Building Strategic Value. Respect for Gift of Donation.
Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that unites exceptional biologics with intuitive fixation design to inspire surgical solutions that advance regenerative medicine. Our vision is to be the leader in regenerative medicine by continuously elevating the standard of care. Xtant Medical’s mission is to develop, acquire, manufacture, and commercialize innovative, quality regenerative surgical products for the treatment of degenerative, traumatic, and deformity conditions for orthopedic and neurological applications.
This position is responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, reviewing account coding to department budgets and general cost reports, processing payroll, and processing expense reports. This position will also collect pertinent information for third party audits and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues. This position will work closely with functional budget owners as needed, in understanding financial implications of spend decisions.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries as part of month end close process.
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes and work in collaboration with manager to enhance and improve upon, as needed.
- Processes company’s payroll through third party vendor, prepare journal entries for semi-monthly payroll and perform reconciliations to accounts to payroll sub-ledgers.
- Processes employee expense reports through third party vendor, monitoring compliance with Company’s Travel and Expense Policy.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential, including holding all payroll related data in strictest confidence.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate computer skills required such as knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP software is strongly preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Some experience with records maintenance and document control preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Must be able to reason independently and work with minimal guidance.
- Ability to interpret data and make sound judgments based on those interpretations.
- Must deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, judgment, and poise.
- Must be able to adapt to quickly changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all co-workers and the general public and use good judgment in recognizing scope and authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Finance related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in accounting or related field is required.
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.