Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that unites exceptional biologics with intuitive fixation design to inspire surgical solutions that advance regenerative medicine. We have spent the last 6 months developing tactics and strategies to achieve the growth that is necessary to take our organization to the next level. This territory has established itself as the leader in growth potential, with a strong foundation and the necessary technology and funding to lead an effective turnaround strategy.
Xtant Medical is looking for an experienced Regional Vice President of Sales – Northeastern in the Orthopedic & Spinal biologic/fixation arena who has the desire to control the expansion of our products portfolio. The role provides an exceptional opportunity to become a member of an organization that retains an innovative portfolio, a new executive leadership team, a new organizational culture, and enormous growth potential.
This position is responsible for meeting or exceeding sales quotas with the region’s Independent Agents and Direct Sales Representatives and helping to manage the assigned territory within budget guidelines. This person does supervise others and will support the activities of all field-based personnel in the territory and with other department supervisors and employees as required.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the public, customers, and vendors and maintain trusting relationships with physician partners, customers, and fellow employees.
- Execute marketing and sales plans consistent with national sales strategy and regional priorities, develop and perform marketing and sales presentations.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. and relay this information back to the corporate offices.
- Attend technical and sales trade shows as required.
- Demonstrate effective full-line selling.
- Coordinate and encourage Independent Agents and their Sales Representatives within region to smoothly transition leads generated outside of region with other Regional Managers.
- Travel as needed to cover the assigned territory and supervise Independent Agents and their Sales Representatives.
- Recruit and hire Independent Agents and their Sales Representatives within region.
- Work with Medical Education to train Sales Representatives.
- Accomplish regional sales management objectives by assigning, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining employees in assigned districts; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Communicate and provide effective leadership and motivation to sales staff.
- Prepare regional reports.
- Adhere strictly to Stark/Anti-kickback rules and comply with all other applicable laws.
- Organize and maintain files and records as requested.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years proven leadership experience in spine orthopedics, biologics, and fixation sales
- No current non-compete agreements
- Candidate must be a proven self-starter
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, oral and written
- Attention to detail is critical
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.