Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that is focused on the design, development, and commercialization of a comprehensive portfolio of orthobiologics and spinal fixation systems. Xtant Medical’s mission is to provide cost-effective technology and services that help clinicians efficiently perform their job.
Xtant Medical is seeking a talented and dedicated Engineer I that will support the company mission to market regenerative medicine products and medical devices. Primary responsibilities of the Engineer I will be to administer and maintain equipment records, maintenance schedules, and to coordinate service with vendors. Other duties include design, troubleshooting and repair of equipment and facilities, working closely with other departments to maintain high system availability in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. This position will also create and update internal documentation using office productivity applications and SolidWorks. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills to meet challenging department needs while maintaining company and regulatory compliance. They will also possess the ability to change focus to align with shifting priorities while striving for continuous improvement.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Track schedules and coordinate equipment maintenance and repairs
- Maintenance and retention of equipment records
- Perform repairs and maintenance of facilities and specialty processing equipment
- Design systems and components for internal use
- Work on multidisciplinary teams to develop new or improve existing products
- Respond to support requests promptly
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors to keep projects on track
- Allocate time to ensure progress on multiple concurrent projects
- Adhere to and promote company policies and procedures
- Develop regulatory knowledge of FDA, AATB
- Must have advanced mechanical aptitude, electrical/electronic knowledge would a plus
- Must be able to reason independently and work with minimal guidance
- Ability to interpret data and make sound judgments based on those interpretations
- Must have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and electronic)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with SolidWorks is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university is required (Mechanical or Electrical Engineer is preferred).
- Medical industry experience is preferred but not a requirement
- Experience with power and hand tools preferred
- Experience with company SOPs, document control or regulated environment preferred
- Prior experience with document and record retention is preferred
- CNC programming and operation is a plus
** This position does not offer a visa sponsorship **
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.