Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that is focused on the design, development, and commercialization of a comprehensive portfolio of orthobiologics and spinal fixation systems. Xtant Medical’s mission is to provide cost-effective technology and services that help clinicians efficiently perform their job.
This position is responsible for providing results-driven leadership to the materials management, supply chain management, purchasing, planning, shipping/receiving, and inventory departments.
Key areas of accountability include, but not limited to, planning, budgeting, purchasing, resource management, warehousing, scheduling, training, supplier management and continued improvement of responsible areas. In addition, this position will work as part of cross departmental teams involved in production planning and materials planning meetings to set goals for the Tissue Processing and Hardware Fulfillment departments. This person will provide input and data to support Xtant Medical’s budget and strategic planning process, as well as identify and develop strategic suppliers/partnerships to support Xtant Medical’s business goals.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Parts 820 and 1271; American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB); International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 13485; European Medical Device Directives (MDD); and Canadian Medical Device Regulations as applicable and adhere to standards and regulations to help the company lead the Medical Device and Biologics industries in quality practice.
- Adhere to Xtant Medical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety protocols, FDA Regulations for Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/Ps) and Devices; operate in compliance with FDA, AATB, ISO, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards.
- Support Xtant Medical’s mission to design, manufacture, and distribute innovative, safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for the medical needs of patients.
- Perform all duties according to SOPs and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and follow appropriate safety precautions and measures.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the public, customers, and vendors and maintain trusting relationships with physician partners, customers, and fellow employees.
- Develop & implement a comprehensive Sales & Operations Planning Process (S&OP).
- Proactively lead the Supply Chain/Materials team and continuously seek opportunities for improvement of processes and procedures by analyzing reports, business metrics, and external benchmarks.
- Review inventory, supply orders, tracking, and deliveries for all departments.
- Maintain and optimize inventory levels, supply chain management, and material movement.
- Lead the establishment of relationships with new suppliers.
- Interact and negotiate with suppliers to achieve the most effective pricing for the benefit of Xtant Medical.
- Manage Master agreements between the suppliers and Xtant Medical.
- Evaluate and elevate their Team’s performance.
- Support & enable a Culture of Metrics and Continuous Improvement.
Education/Credentials Experience & Training
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with extensive experience in supply chain management, supplier qualifications, purchasing, inventory, planning, supervision, and computer systems is required.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, communication, and networking skills are required.
- Knowledge of Lean Supply Chain techniques is required.
- P.M. or CPIM certification is preferred.
- Awareness and compliance to Quality System Regulation (QSR).
- Ability and experience in creating and implementing management policies.
- Skill and experience in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of FDA, ISO, and AATB requirements.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills required such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience with records maintenance and document control preferred.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and process validation and control.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Five (5) years of experience in supervising and instructing others is required.
- Ability to train, cross train, direct, and mentor others.
- Participate in performance reviews and issue performance correction notices as necessary.
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.