Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that is focused on the design, development, and commercialization of a comprehensive portfolio of orthobiologics and spinal fixation systems. Xtant Medical’s mission is to provide cost-effective technology and services that help clinicians efficiently perform their job.
This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Xtant Medical’s Clinician engagement programs as well as all aspects of the company’s sales and distribution onboarding and support activities. This position will operate in a cross functional environment, providing services and support to other departments requiring clinician engagement or training, specifically Engineering, R&D and RA/QA.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of training throughout the US and OUS for purposes of surgeon training and education for Xtant Medical.
- Responsible for all aspects of training throughout the US and OUS for purposes of IA and Sales Management training and education for Xtant Medical.
- Responsible for IA onboarding and interfacing with other departments on the onboarding process.
- Manage Xtant Medical Employee Product Training and interface with other departments on the onboarding process.
- Direct and report all field surgical support/case coverage and cover cases as needed.
- Manage Conversion Report Data in relation to Surgeon Trainings in US/OUS.
- Responsible for all Medical Education Lab Inventory.
- Manage Xtant Medical’s Clinical engagement process, ensuring compliance at all stages.
- Manage KOL relationships by selecting appropriate support opportunities as determined by Xtant’s annual needs assessment.
- Interface with sales/engineering/R&D/business development for product development and educational training programs.
- Travel to and participation in industry trade show and meetings as necessary.
- Travel to IA/surgeon trainings/meetings to support the efforts of the Commercial Operations Team.
- Report to the Director of Marketing on a regular basis to review progress/strategize for future Medical Education Events/Goals.
- Other duties pertinent to the business of Xtant as outlined by upper management.
- Responsible for developing marketing materials along with the Marketing Department for new product launches or updates to existing or old literature, advertising ideas, direction, conference support, etc.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of training and in-service materials and conduct product trainings and seminars to internal and external personnel as requested.
- Provide technical support to the sales force and travel to assist in meeting sales objectives as needed.
- Work with senior marketing members to conduct on-going research to define market needs (includes interfacing with hospital personnel, surgeons, nurses, and sales representatives, surgical observation, and literature review) to develop and maintain product lines.
- Support the development and launch of new products and gather post-market feedback by serving as the interface between surgeons, end users, R&D, and QA/QC.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Parts 820 and 1271; American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB); International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 13485; European Medical Device Directives (MDD); and Canadian Medical Device Regulations as applicable and adhere to standards and regulations to help the company lead the Medical Device and Biologics industries in quality practice.
- Adhere to Xtant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety protocols, FDA Regulations for Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/Ps) and Devices; operate in compliance with FDA, AATB, ISO, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the public, customers, and vendors and maintain trusting relationships with physician partners, customers, and fellow employees.
- General knowledge of ISO 13485 and FDA Quality System Regulation guidelines is required, advanced knowledge is preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of software applications.
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, circumstances and direction.
- Must be able to reason independently and work with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to read, write, review, and complete contract forms.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Masters or MBA is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ spinal market management, clinical education and training experience is required.
- Clinical engagement program development experience is preferred.
- Working conditions may include normal office environment, laboratory setting, environmentally controlled area (ECA), cleanrooms, and other sterile environments.
- Job will require 25% – 50% travel time.
- Duties may include contact with human tissue, blood, bone, and fluids.
- Work may require occasional weekend/evening work and 4+ hours of standing.
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.