Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that is focused on the design, development, and commercialization of a comprehensive portfolio of orthobiologics and spinal fixation systems. Xtant Medical’s mission is to provide cost-effective technology and services that help clinicians efficiently perform their job.
Xtant Medical is seeking a talented and dedicated Buyer that will support the company mission to market regenerative medicine products and medical devices. This position will perform activities related to supply chain and materials planning, quality, and regulatory compliance in the Materials Department and as assigned. This person does not typically supervise others and will support the activities of the Supply Chain Manager or Supervisor. This position interacts with employees in the department and with other department supervisors, team leads, and employees.
This position works with the Supply Chain Manager or Supervisor and with other Technicians at the production and processing level to help ensure that Xtant Medical complies with and meets the standards of the FDA, AATB, ISO, and other regulatory agencies as necessary.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule, purchase and monitor materials through the fulfillment cycle to determine required purchases.
- Support purchasing/procurement requirements of the internal groups, including indirect and MRO spending.
- Manufacturing order creation and management of outside sub-contract services.
- Establish and advance ERP based planning/procurement systems.
- Maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Support Engineering team on new product launches.
- Gather quotes, examine bids and make awards as delegated.
- Assist in evaluating suppliers and develop new supply sources as needed.
- Monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontractors to assure best quality at best value.
- Communicate effectively with suppliers to ensure on time delivery & resolve problem/issues that arise.
- Responsible for projects and assignments as requested by management.
- Create, review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents as necessary.
- Organize and maintain files and records as requested.
- Review historical data including finished goods inventory, supplies, sales trends, raw materials, etc. and coordinate data to identify significant variances. Share, communicate, and report on variances and changing trends to management.
- Interact with other departments to understand and predict demand forecast drivers.
- Use and maintain GP data.
- Assist in developing departmental strategies for existing inventory and new product introduction.
- Summarize and report gathered information within an operations meeting environment and other meetings as necessary to communicate inventory/procurement goals and objectives.
- Create and maintain statistical reports by gathering, analyzing, and validating data and share data with relevant departments.
- Communicate procurement needs and changes at appropriate meetings and through other mediums as appropriate for the information and recipients.
- Work with demand and forecast data incorporating current and accurate information to allow the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide the department with pertinent information to allow for planning to meet the demand.
- Provide feedback to the supply chain on risks regarding replenishment levels and demand.
- Monitor lead time information to ensure materials are received in a timely manner.
- Produce meeting summaries as needed for meetings attended and distribute to meeting attendees.
- Must be willing to acquire knowledge of FDA, ISO, and AATB regulations, as applicable.
- Demonstrate capability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to analyze information to draw relevant conclusions.
- Must be able to adapt to quickly changing priorities and schedules.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to reason independently and work with minimal guidance.
- Basic computer skills are required, such as knowledge of ERP systems, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software as necessary.
- Some experience with records maintenance and document control preferred.
- Associates degree or higher in business, accounting, a related area of study or
- 3 years of experience in a purchasing/buyer/procurement role.
- Willing to acquire Certified Tissue Bank Specialist (CTBS) certification.
- Knowledge of human anatomy preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in medical device manufacturing, Biologics processing or other relevant cleanroom/aseptic environments preferred, but not required.
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.