Customer First. Employee Direction. Building Strategic Value. Respect for Gift of Donation.
Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that unites exceptional biologics with intuitive fixation design to inspire surgical solutions that advance regenerative medicine. Our vision is to be the leader in regenerative medicine by continuously elevating the standard of care. Xtant Medical’s mission is to develop, acquire, manufacture, and commercialize innovative, quality regenerative surgical products for the treatment of degenerative, traumatic, and deformity conditions for orthopedic and neurological applications.
This position is responsible for leading the day-to-day Hardware Operation efforts at Xtant Medical and is critical for ensuring activities run smoothly and efficiently. The person is the primary Operations liaison between the BU and the Operations functional teams and will oversee the distribution, invoicing, and inventory management teams with a focus on sales support, communication and externally facing activities. Individual will lead the development of operations strategies, goals, and objectives for the BU globally while working with the broader Operations Leadership Team to establish priorities, metrics, and deliver upon commitments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the Xtant Medical products and general hardware systems utilized within the Department. Know how the activities performed in the Department are controlled by and interact with the Quality System and how they affect the production of medical devices as applicable.
- Support Xtant Medical’s mission to design, manufacture, and distribute innovative, safe, reliable, and cost effective solutions for the medical needs of patients.
- Perform all duties according to SOPs and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and follow appropriate safety precautions and measures.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the public, customers, and vendors and maintain trusting relationships with physician partners, customers, and fellow employees.
- Maintain a diverse and effective organization by ensuring appropriate staffing, building training and development plans, and succession plans for key positions.
- Lead efforts for continuous quality improvement, cost reduction and problem solving in distribution of hardware products.
- Develop and deploy strategic business plans that include site capacity, technology, process capability and controls, and talent development that is aligned with operations and quality objectives, product requirements and business strategies.
- Responsible for global operations strategy in support of the `BU including the attainment of quality, service, productivity and cost objectives.
- Utilize deep Operations domain knowledge to make meaningful contributions to the development and deployment of hardware strategies.
- Partner with other operations departments to recommend operational efficiencies that drive Xtant Medical’s growth agenda.
- Work cross functionally on all new product development, roadmaps, launch planning, and on time delivery to ensure total customer satisfaction while ensuring cost, lead time and quality targets are met.
- Work in close collaboration and partner with other departments and functions both within Operations functions and other departmental functions (i.e. R&D, Quality, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Regulatory and Sales & Marketing)
- Lead support functions essential to sales force productivity by providing input on pricing, sales forecasting, sales achievements, sales reporting and strategy.
- Manage delivery of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales analytics providing recommendations, insights on trends and updates on quotas and sales plans.
- Assist in the training and in the development of employee training programs within the Hardware Department.
- Ensure the implementation and compliance to FDA, AATB, GMP, ISO and other relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Assist in the screening, interviewing, and hiring of employees to fill vacant positions developing job descriptions and screening and interviewing candidates.
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with employment-related laws and regulations. Consult Human Resources as needed.
- Serve as a resource for all direct reports by being available and accessible to discuss human-resources related issues.
- Recommend, develop, interpret, and clarify personnel procedures and policies.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, files and reports, including responsibility to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Educational and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, MBA or Master’s in Engineering preferred
- 5-8 years’ of experience in a manufacturing operations position
- ERP and automated document control experience is desired
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.