Customer First. Employee Direction. Building Strategic Value. Respect for Gift of Donation.
Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that unites exceptional biologics with intuitive fixation design to inspire surgical solutions that advance regenerative medicine. Our vision is to be the leader in regenerative medicine by continuously elevating the standard of care. Xtant Medical’s mission is to develop, acquire, manufacture, and commercialize innovative, quality regenerative surgical products for the treatment of degenerative, traumatic, and deformity conditions for orthopedic and neurological applications.
This person will work closely with outside corporate counsel, contract managers, the executive leadership team, core leadership team, and Xtant Medical’s board of directors. This position supervises the preparation of legal documents, including contracts, ensuring the work is completed accurately and timely, and that legal research is performed efficiently and is applicable to each individual case. This position advises the executive leadership team and board of directors on statutes, contracts, and other current legal updates. This position manages processes and systems utilized to track status of projects.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist as needed in the preparation and filing of annual corporate renewals and other corporate-related filings for Xtant Medical Holdings and all of its subsidiaries
- Prepare initial drafts of board resolutions, minutes and consents, and assist with board meeting materials
- Track and gather litigation information for reporting purposes
- Issue and maintain litigation holds and assist with the gathering of information in response to discovery requests and similar inquiries
- Organize, review and draft contract negotiations with customers, including, but not limited to, master services agreements, statements of work, purchase orders, licenses, reseller agreements, NDAs, and RFP responses
- Review and revise customer, vendor and reseller contracts
- Review contracts/documentation to ensure they meet corporate legal guidelines and research any questions regarding such documents
- Assist with the due diligence of securities offerings and M&A opportunities
- Assist with corporate, intellectual property, privacy, litigation, employment, international, and other legal matters as required
- Collaborate to develop legal functions as needed by the company, and assist with creating compliance programs
- Research and help to develop strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Retention of legal documentation (Merrill) – includes organizing, maintaining and electronically tracking all contracts and legal documents on company cloud drive
- Draft and complete Physician Ownership Attestations and Certifications
- Provide feedback on proposed Agreements (including IA consignor, IA reseller, OEM, private label, etc.)
- Willingness to acquire knowledge regarding medical device manufacturing and biologics industry regulations (FDA Title 21, Parts 820 and 1271; American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB); International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 13485; European Medical Device Directives (MDD); and Canadian Medical Device Regulations)
- Interpreting laws, legislation or regulations, analyzing data, legal questions and existing evidence or facts
- Special projects and other assignments as requested by Outside Corporate Counsel or other Management Team Members
- Team player with the ability to respond and be flexible to corporate demands
- Hands-on, energetic, motivated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple, high-priority projects
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others who are not in the same line of authority
- Business judgement and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Excellent communication and listening skills with internal/external audiences
- Proficient computer skills required such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Strong word processing and proofreading skills
- Some experience with records maintenance and document control preferred
- Must demonstrate an ability to handle confidential client information in a professional and trustworthy manner
- Ability to travel as company representative as needed
- A Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school, and a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- American Bar Association membership
- 1 – 2 years of experience in corporate/commercial contracts law
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.