Customer First. Employee Direction. Building Strategic Value. Respect for Gift of Donation.
Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that unites exceptional biologics with intuitive fixation design to inspire surgical solutions that advance regenerative medicine. Our vision is to be the leader in regenerative medicine by continuously elevating the standard of care. Xtant Medical’s mission is to develop, acquire, manufacture, and commercialize innovative, quality regenerative surgical products for the treatment of degenerative, traumatic, and deformity conditions for orthopedic and neurological applications.
This position is responsible for assisting the Controller with the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform full cycle monthly close activities.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and reporting of financial information.
- Must understand the relationship between the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cashflows.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Controller, and other support and field personnel regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit as well as any other audits, and prepare any assigned schedules.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis on a monthly basis, and clear all reconciling items timely (within one month)
- Support management with special projects such as the drafting and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, controls, systems, etc.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability and experience creating and implementing management policies.
- Skill and experience in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills required such as basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and other finance software as necessary.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Must possess exemplary communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Utilizes extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all co-workers and the general public and use good judgment in recognizing scope and authority.
- Some experience with records maintenance and document control preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics is required.
- CPA is required.
- A combination of industry and/or public accounting experience with exposure to SEC and financial reporting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accepted accounting principles and procedures.
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.